Benefits of Kombucha
Statistics from a Kombucha survey
This "Benefits of Kombucha" list was compiled by Bev Ferguson,
owner of Kombucha Manna International. These results are from a survey she
posted over the Kombucha Mailing List. The Kombucha mailing list is a group
of over 600 people from all over the world who share their experiences with
Kombucha on a daily basis. These benefits are based on their own experiences.
- 1. Great beverage
- 2. Sense of well-being
- 3. Helps to relieve congestion in airways
- 4. Thicker hair (whoopee!)
- 5. Energy boost
- 6. Straightened my hair out!
- 7. Helps osteo arthritis
- 8. Great conversation piece! :)
- 9. Licked Calcifying tendonitis
- 10. Helps with asthma
- 11. Has brought me into contact with some very caring people.
- 12. Stress buster
- 13.Very calming
- 14. Increase sex drive
- 15. Regulates Intestines.
- 16. Cured Candida Overgrowth.
- 17. Aides digestion - especially on top of diary.
- 18. Addictive taste.
- 19. Eliminates or reduces heat rash.
- 20. Improved circulation/controlled venous stasis in shins
- 21. Clears and Improves skin
- 22. Makes a good hair rinse
- 23. Redundant 'Momma's make good brass cleaners!
- 24. Helped take the "scales" from a friends Skin disorder
- 25. Makes a wonderful, soothing foot soak.
- 26. Shrinking large fatty tumor.
- 27. Flattening and fading old age carotene patches on the face.
- 28. Stops severe menstrual cramps
- 29. Makes a wonderful facial.
- 30. Made me much more mobile with my gout.
- 31. Oncoming headlights do not bother me as much.
- 32. Reduces / stabilizes blood pressure.
- 33. Prevents and helps heal bladder infections
- 34. Eases carpal tunnel syndrome
- 35. Heals boils and staph infections on skin.
- 36. Prevents oral canker sores
- 37. Prevents eczema and psoriasis
- 38. Household Cleaner: cuts grease, cleans stoves, bathroom tiles, windows,
- 39. Hair and nails grow faster
- 40. I can see the pupils of my eyes again without glasses.
- 41. More energy
- 42. Clears nail fungus
- 43. Improves the sense of well being for people with liver Cancer
- 44. Helps an older woman feel and look younger
- 45. Helps Arthritis sufferers
- 46. Cleanses toxins from the system
- 47. Soothes burns and sunburn
- 48. Takes the sting and swelling away from Bee Stings
- 49. Good underarm deoderant
- 50. For some people; eliminates desire for alchohol, & helping to
- 51. Smashes flus and colds
- 52. Significant progress healing chapped lips from topical application
- 53. Kombucha Colony makes a great poultice
- 54. Removes rust
- 55. Returns grey hair to it's natural color for some people
- 56. Improved eyesight
Statistics from a Kombucha questionnaire
In 1996 Colleen Allen posted a Kombucha Questionnaire (written by Ariana Estelle Ph.D.) over the
Kombucha List (an Internet forum for approximately 650 Kombucha drinkers
who live in all parts of the world) as a means of gathering statistical
information from list members to include in our current project and for
use in all of our future books and publications. Ariana is the author of
Kombucha 101--A Kombucha Primer by Ariana Estelle Ph.D, and the
founder/owner of Harmonic Harvest, a Tea and Kombucha business in Texas
The completed questionnaire's were sent to both of us from members of
the Kombucha List via email and to Ariana via private post from her
Harmonic Harvest customers who filled out the questionnaire she mailed
to them-- at her own expense. The following statistics were taken from
her compilation of that data.
All of the statistics --I've included below-- are taken from the
original data compiled by Ariana Estelle-Symons Ph.D, in her August 1996
Kombucha Konnection Newsletter article entitled: Kombucha- Who in the
World is Drinking That Stuff?. Her URL is as follows:
Why are these people drinking Kombucha?
- Why Are These People Drinking Kombucha Tea?
- What Benefits Do They Report?
What benefits do they report?
- 27% "General Maintenance". They are not ill and do not want to be.
- 10% Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia
- 15% M.S., Hepatitis C, HIV, Cancer
- 13% Arthritis, and related conditions
- 10% Digestive problems
- 6% Asthma, Allergies
- 8% Hypertension & High Cholesterol
- 10% Skin problems, psoriasis, acne, weight loss, various non life-threatening conditions.
- 81% Report a 'feeling of well-being'.
- 27% Better sleep patterns
- 30% Weight loss
- 81% Relief from constipation
- 42% Relief from painful arthritis-type symptoms.
- 21% Improvement in skin tone & condition
- 9% Migraine relief
- 17% Disappearance of 'liver spots'
- 12% Better concentration
- 27% Relief of ulcer pain and digestive problems.
- 5% Relief from nausea caused by chemotherapy
- 8% Better condition of hair and nails
- 4% Regrowth of hair
- 7% Restoration of gray/white hair to original color
- 12% Disappearance of pre-cancerous skin growths
- 10% Removal of moles or skin tags
- 6% Weight Loss of 20+ pounds
- 24% Weight loss of 5-10 pounds
- 13% Reduced caffeine cravings.
- 17% Reduced sugar cravings
- 2% People with cancer maintaining a 'cancer free' status for 5+ years
- 6% People with cancer maintaining a 'cancer free' status for 1-4 years.
- 3% People with cancer maintaining a 'cancer free' status for less than one year.
- 44% Report experiencing increased energy
- 8% Increased Libido
- 13% Less cramping and discomfort during menstruation.
- 19% Relief from symptoms of PMS
- 7% Relief from symptoms of menopause.
- 82% Report the resistance to colds & flu
- 3% Increase in T-cells
- 19% Allergy relief
- 17% Lower Blood Pressure & Cholesterol
Copyright©, 1996 Ariana Estelle-Symons, Ph.D (on statistics used).
Copyright©, 1995,1996, 1997, 1998 FAQ Home Page Website:
Colleen Allen, Author of the Kombucha FAQ
I wish to express my sincerest thanks to Ariana, Colleen and Beverly for the permission to publish their results on my WebPage.